Search for a keyword or choose from the terms below
What is sexuality?
• Sexuality is the word used to describe who you are attracted to.
• Sometimes, who you are attracted to will change over time.
• What’s important is that you feel free to fancy whoever you like and that you feel comfortable with your sexual identity, whether you’re heterosexual, gay, lesbian or bisexual.
What is same sex attraction?
• You may find you are attracted to someone of the same sex, or that you have a crush on them.
• This could mean that you are gay or lesbian or bisexual.
• Or, your feelings may change and you may become more attracted to the opposite sex, or even both sexes.
• Your sexuality can change - in fact, who you are attracted to is not really something you can choose or control.
Why am I worried about my sexuality?
• Sexuality is one of the things people have the most worries and concerns about.
• You may feel confused about which sexuality you are or you may be worried about how people will treat you if you’re gay, lesbian or bisexual.
• It may help to talk things through with someone.
I’m being bullied
• If you are being bullied because of your sexuality you can find out how to get help here.
Last review: 31/05/11 - Next review: 31/05/14